Qualia Collection Services Debt Collection Harassment Tired of Qualia Collection Services Debt Collection Harassment? Wish there was a way to make the calls stop? Is Qualia Collection Services constantly calling and harassing you? Does your phone ring every day, several times per day, because Qualia Collection Services is calling you to demand payment? Threatening you with legal action? Has Qualia Collection Services ever used abusive or profane language when speaking with you on the phone? If so, Qualia Collection Services may be violating your legal rights. Stop the harassment. The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, also known as the FDCPA, protects consumers’ rights in the context of debt collection. In other words, debt collectors must adhere to a certain set of rules when they are pursuing consumers who owe money. If a collector violates the FDCPA, you can sue the collector in court. The law allows consumers who have been victims of harassment from debt collectors to get the calls to stop in addition to recover statutory damages of up to $1,000, plus attorney fees and court costs.
Who is Qualia Collection Services?Qualia Collection Services is third party debt collector located in Petaluma, California. They have been sued in federal court several times for violating consumer’s rights while collecting on alleged debts. A recent Federal Court cases alleges that Qualia Collection Services placed repeatedly harassing phone calls to attempt to coerce a payment from the harassed consumer.
Qualia Collection Services Debt Collection Harassment TacticsIf Qualia Collection Services engages in any of the following tactics, you may have a case:
- Calls before 8:00 a.m. or after 9:00 p.m. or at any time or that they are given notice that it is inconvenient to call
- Talking to others about your debt
- Call the consumer’s place of employment if they have been advised that calls cannot be accepted at work.
- Use any profane language or any language that is harassing and abusive
- Engage in any conduct, the natural consequence of which is to harass, abuse or oppress.
- Make any misrepresentations of fact, such as how much is owed, or certain actions they may take to force payment
- Threaten arrest or criminal prosecution
- Send false information to the credit bureaus
- Cause a telephone to ring an unreasonable amount of times