We’ve Helped 1000’s of Clients at No Cost! Let Us Help You NOW!
Free Case Review
Why Choose Consumer Rights Law Firm, PLLC
Consumer Rights Law Firm, PLLC is a law firm that specializes in helping clients who are facing harassment from debt collectors in any form, including telephone communication. Rather than suffer alone, contact our office to begin the process to stop the harassment. Our office has been assisting consumers since 2010. We have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
If your creditors’ calls are worrying you and causing distress and trauma, then you are facing harassment. There are also specific actions that are not allowed and if the creditor is indulging in them, it constitutes harassment.
This illegal behavior includes:
- To begin with, contacting you at any time of the day, including late night or early morning. Visiting you at places you have not allowed access to, such as your workplace or residence
- Making threats of harming you in person or abusing you over the telephone verbally
- Threatening you with legal action which may not be applicable to your case at all
- Misrepresenting the truth about your debt; intentionally providing you with false ‘information’ regarding the debt you owe
- Passing on information about your debt to another person; informing the person who answers the phone or your door about your debt
- Leaving a message regarding details of your debt with friends, relatives or neighbors
- Not informing you that the responsibility of collecting your debt has been handed over to a debt collection agency
- Another violation would be communicating about your debt on social networks like Facebook
- Producing paperwork that implies that your debt is now a police or court matter
- Suggesting ways in which you can pay off the debt, including selling your home or taking on another line of credit
- Posing as an officer of the court. Misrepresenting their identity
- Above all threats to have you arrested or to take away your property for fulfillment of the debt
- Indulging in unfair practices, such as depositing a post-dated check before the due date
- Trying to collect an interest or fee over and above the debt you owe, if this amount is not sanctioned by the law
- In the case of a bank loan, it also constitutes harassment if the collection agents are using bank numbers to make phone calls for debt recovery.
Free Case Review
Our staff is here to help you until 10 pm EST. CALL US NOW!
Drop Us a Line
Please Reach Out For Further Inquire