Firstsource Advantage Phone Harassment?
Have you been getting calls from First Source Advantage? You may have been trying to get your debts out of your mind so you can get back on track mentally and make proper plans to pay back, but are unable to because Firstsource Advantage keeps calling you. Firstsource Advantage phone harassment can be a nightmare, but it is a phase you can easily go through when you understand your rights.
If Firstsource Advantage has been harassing you, then they have been violating your rights. Many debt collectors do not abide by the law. Even though the law clearly kicks against Firstsource Advantage phone harassment, you may still find it happening to you. If this is the case, then you may need to seek justice for Firstsource Advantage debt collection harassment.
First Source Advantage debt collection harassment includes activities like calling you multiple times intentionally to annoy you, calling your workplace after you have told them not to, threatening and insulting you over the phone, and misrepresenting themselves or your debt in any way.
Firstsource Advantage phone harassment is unfair and unlawful and no one should have to put up with it.
The FDCPA allows you to get justice from debt collectors who violate your rights. Contact us today to help you.
Things You Must Know Before Paying A Debt Collector
Before agreeing to pay when you are going through Firstsource Advantage debt collection, there are a few questions you must ask yourself. Let’s consider five of these good questions:
- Is the Firstsource Advantage calling you at the wrong time? As a debtor, do you know that the appropriate time for a debt collector to call you is between 8 am to 9 pm? If the debt collector calls earlier than that or later than that, they have violated the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) and you have the right to take the matter up with the debt collector.
- Do you really owe a debt in the first place? Firstsource Advantage can call you over a debt you don’t know anything about or one that you have already paid or settled. It could be an error on their part, a scam call, or a case of identity theft. Follow up the issue immediately by defending yourself and proving you do not owe them a dime.
- Is the debt expired? There is something called the Statute of Limitations. It is the amount of time a debt collector has to sue you over any debt. Usually, Firstsource Advantage will sue you only when the debt is still active, but they might also try to when the debt is already expired. Know your rights, this is Firstsource Advantage debt collection harassment and the FDCPA will not overlook it.
- Are the calls too frequent and disturbing? First Source Advantage can be quite persistent, this does not mean you should switch off your phone completely. Speak with the debt collector and reach an agreement on how you will pay and that the debt collector shouldn’t bother you with too many calls as you work towards paying off your debt.
- Should you pay the debt? If the debt is yours, you should. No one would like to be owed money and not be paid back. But if the debt is expired and they don’t call for it anymore, you might as well just work on getting it off your credit report.
Having answered these questions, you can now process how to tackle the debt payment with your debt collector.
Is Firstsource Advantage a Scam?
No, 1st Source Advantage is not a scam. According to the Better Business Bureau website, Firstsource Advantage has been in business for 23 years. There have been 40 complaints filed against FSA with the BBB. Read more about it here: Firstsource Advantage Better Business Bureau
Who is Firstsource Advantage?
First Source Advantage is a third-party debt collector located in Buffalo, New York. They have been sued in federal court over 100 times for violating consumer’s rights while collecting on alleged debts. First Source Advantage is regularly accused of illegal communication tactics, attempting to collect debts not owed, failing to provide verification of the debt as well as many other violations of Federal Law.
Address: 205 Bryant Woods S
Amherst, NY 14228-3609
Phone: (716) 564-4400
Firstsource Advantage Phone Numbers
Are you receiving any harassing phone calls from any of the following numbers?
716-564-4400, 866-584-7001, 800-486-9164, (716) 564-4400, (866) 584-7001, (800) 486-9164, 7165644400, 8665847001, 8004869164,
If the answer is yes, then you are receiving calls from a known FSA number. You may be a victim of FSA phone harassment. The list above is not all the numbers that FSA uses. The calls can be from a different number and still be First Source Advantage LLC calling you. It is important that you remember to contact our office right away if you have been harassed during any of your communications with First Source collections.
Is FSA a scam? No, Firstsource Advantage has been in business for 23 years.
Can Firstsource Advantage garnish my wages? Yes, FSA can garnish your wages on a Federal Student loan or if they obtain a judgment from the courts.
Can FSA sue me? Yes, FSA can sue you so long as the debt is within the statute of limitations
Can FSA report my debt to the collections bureaus? Yes, Debt collectors are allowed to place the collection account on your credit report
Can FSA arrest me? Debt collectors don’t have the authority to have you arrested for a debt. However, if you violate a court order, e.g. an order to appear in court, the judge can issue a warrant for your arrest. Depending on the laws in your state, you may be arrested for certain debts like unpaid child support or traffic tickets.
The following is a sample list of complaints filed against Firstsource Advantage in the past year and can be found on Pacer.org.
Consumer Rights Law Firm, PLLC is a law firm that specializes in helping clients who are facing harassment from debt collectors in any form, including telephone communication. Rather than suffer alone, contact our office to stop the First Source Advantage harassment. Our office has been assisting consumers since 2010. We have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
If you are interested in learning more about how to safeguard yourself and prevent harassment from Firstsource Advantage call us at (877)700-5790 for immediate assistance or visit our website at www.consumerlawfirmcenter.com
Need a little encouragement to help you get through your case of debt collection harassment? Check out some success stories from several of our satisfied clientele here
Check out the links below for more information:
Last Updated on December 17, 2020