Tired of Alpha Recovery Phone Harassment? Wish there was a way to make the calls stop? Alpha Recovery constantly calling and harassing you? Does your phone ring every day, several times per day, with Alpha Recovery calling you to demand payment? Threatened with legal action for a time barred debt? Has Alpha Recovery ever used abusive or profane language when speaking with you on the phone? If so, Alpha Recovery may be violating your legal rights. Stop collection calls. The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, also known as the FDCPA, protects consumers’ rights in the context of debt collection. In other words, debt collectors must adhere to a certain set of rules when they are pursuing consumers who owe money. If a collector violates the FDCPA, you can sue the collector in court. The law allows consumers who have been victims of harassment from debt collectors to get the calls to stop in addition to recover statutory damages of up to $1,000, plus attorney fees and court costs.
Who is Alpha Recovery?Alpha Recovery Corp is a third party debt collector based in Colorado. They have been sued in federal court over 100 times for violating consumer’s rights while collecting on alleged debts. Alpha collects for big name store credit cards like Sears and Home Depot, as well as collecting on student loans, auto loans and other debts. You do have options. Under the law you can recover up to $1,000 for violations of the FDCPA, and $500 to $1,500 for each cell phone robocall.
Illegal Collection TacticsIf Alpha Recovery engages in any of the following tactics, you may have a case:
- Using profane or abusive language
- Collection agencies cannot call before 8:00am or after 9:00pm.
- Calling you multiple times per week
- Talking to others about your debt
- Calling your workplace
- Threatening to sue you, harm you, or destroy your credit
- Telling you or anyone else that you’ve committed a crime
- Calling repeatedly for the wrong person
- Failing to notify you of your right to dispute the debt
- Trying to collect more than legally allowed