Phoenix Recovery Group Phone Harassment?
Is Phoenix Recovery Group (PRG) calling you endlessly? Nobody likes being constantly troubled and distressed in any way, not even via phone calls and this is something debt collectors like Phoenix Recovery Group are known to do. Having Phoenix Recovery Group on your neck about a debt you likely have even forgotten is annoying to say the least.
People have received calls and messages from debt collectors threatening to harm and hurt them and nobody should deserves to go through that, not even a debtor. That is why laws like the TCPA and FDCPA were enacted to put a limit to what debt collectors are allowed to do. So, there is a limit to what can be done to you during Phoenix Recovery Group debt collection.
Having the knowledge of your rights under the FDCPA and TCPA saves you from enduring untold pestering and intimidation like Phoenix Recovery Group phone harassment.
How do debt collectors get your number?
When Phoenix Recovery Group contact you at first, you may be taken aback and quite unclear as to how they accessed your number since you have not had any transactions with them before.
Incase you have ever wondered how a debt collector accessed your number, a few ways debt collectors likely got your number include:
- Your original creditor: Since Phoenix Recovery Group debt collection process was assigned to them by your original creditor, the possibility that they gave the agency your number can not be ruled out. You most likely supplied your creditor with your number during your initial credit application.
- Thorough search: Phoenix Recovery Group can be desperate and may go as far as searching the internet for your phone number if it wasn’t made available to them. Don’t forget that if you are subject to Phoenix Recovery Group phone harassment, you can put a stop to it.
- When you call the collection agency back after a Phoenix Recovery Group debt collection letter: Debt collectors are smart and will immediately trap your phone number if you call them after you saw a letter from them.
- Family and friends: Phoenix recovery group inc. can decide to call your family or friends to request for your number.
- Your credit report: Phoenix collection agency has access to your credit reports and since information like your number is there, they may access it there.
When Does A Debt Collector Violate the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act?
You might not know it, but being a debtor doesn’t make you have less human rights. Debt collectors can be hard on you, or even manipulative of you and if you do not know your rights you’ll be under pressure to go with whatever the debt collector says. The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act has certain laws that restrict the extent to which a debt collector should have access to you. Would you want to know when to report the debt collector to the court over violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act? Then keep reading.
- Phoenix Recovery Group must not call you before or after 8am and 9pm respectively. That would be Phoenix Recovery Group phone harassment. You have the right to ignore calls from the debt collectors if the calls come at any wrong time and you can record this as harassment.
- A Debt collector must not ask you to pay more than you owe. You should have a credit report to document all your debts and loans so that no debt collector will ask you to pay for a debt that isn’t yours.
- A Debt collector must not run away from your request to verify if the call is really valid. If they do, you can suspect this to be a scam call. So always ask for a verification to be sure you owe the debt, the amount the debt collector claims you owe and the agency’s proof of representation.
- A Debt collector must not call you at work if your company rules do not approve of it. This could cause a big distraction at work and could cause more damage to you.
- A Debt collector must not threaten you, either with jail term or garnishing your account. As long as there’s no court order allowing the debt collector to garnish your account, the debt collector shouldn’t threaten to make it happen.
- A debt collector must not call you too frequently. Nice calls from a loved one can calm the nerves, but frequent calls from none other than a debt collector can be devastating. So the calls shouldn’t be too frequent from the debt collector.
- A Debt Collector must not threaten you with violence. This won’t just be a violation of the collection law, but even the civil law and would attract greater measures.
- A debt collector must not use abusive and obscene language towards you. No amount of debt should invite insults and abusive words. Take care not to respond negatively if this happens, just record this and report to the authorities immediately.
The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) is not just a law that covers for debtors harassment cases, it lets debtors know the limit to which the debt collector must go in trying to collect the money owed. If any of these “must nots” is broken, you have every legal right to sue the debt collector.
Is Phoenix Recovery Group a Scam?
According to the Better Business Bureau website, Phoenix Recovery Group has been in business for 18 years. There have been 41 complaints filed against PRG with the BBB.
Who is Phoenix Recovery Group?
Phoenix Recovery Group is third party debt collector located in San Antonio, Texas. PRG has been a party to a Federal Court case over 200 times.
Address: Loop 410/ Nacogdoches
San Antonio, TX 78217
Phone: (210) 822-8272
Phoenix Recovery Group is often referred to or searched for by other names. These include:
phoenix recovery group, phoenix recovery group, the phoenix recovery group, phoenix collection agency, phoenix recovery group complaints, phoenix recovery group inc, phoenix debt collection, phoenix collection services, collection agency san antonio tx, phoenix recovery, collection agency phoenix, debt collection agencies san Antonio, phoenix recovery, phoenix recovery group complaints, the phoenix recovery, phoenix recovery group, phoenix recovery group inc, phoenix recovery services
Phoenix Recovery Group Phone Numbers
Are you receiving any harassing phone calls from any of the following numbers?
210-822-8272, 800-810-7623, (210) 822-8272, (800) 810-7623, 2108228272, 8008107623
If the answer is yes, then you are receiving calls from a known PRG number. You may be a victim of PRG phone harassment. The list above is not all the numbers that PRG uses. The calls can be from a different number and it still be Phoenix Recovery Group calling you. Contact our office right away so we can start the process to stop PRG from calling you illegally. Above all, no one should live with harassment!
Is PRG a scam? No, Phoenix Recovery Group has been in business for 18 years.
Can PRG garnish my wages? Yes, PRG can garnish your wages on a Federal Student loan or if they obtain a judgment from the courts.
Can PRG sue me? Yes, PRG can sue you so long as the debt is within the statute of limitations
Can PRG report my debt to the collection bureaus? Yes, Debt collectors are allowed to place the collection account on your credit report
Can PRG arrest me? Debt collectors don’t have the authority to have you arrested for a debt. However, if you violate a court order, e.g. an order to appear in court, the judge can issue a warrant for your arrest. Depending on the laws in your state, you may be arrested for certain debts like unpaid child support or traffic tickets.
The following is a sample list of complaints filed against Phoenix Recovery Group in the past and can be found on Pacer.org.
Consumer Rights Law Firm, PLLC is a law firm that specializes in helping clients who are facing harassment from debt collectors in any form, including telephone communication. Rather than suffer alone, contact our office to begin the process to stop the Phoenix Recovery Group harassment. Our office has been assisting consumers since 2010. We have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
If you are interested in learning more about how to safeguard yourself and prevent harassment from Phoenix Recovery Group. call us at (877)700-5790 for immediate assistance or visit our website at www.consumerlawfirmcenter.com
“I would highly recommend the Consumer Rights Law Firm to anybody that has been harassed! They were very professional and straightforward about my rights”.
“I had the pleasure of dealing with Consumer Rights Law Firm PLLC on 2 different occasions the staff were very courteous and helpful, and they were familiar with the Collection Agency’s in question and the harassment calls stop, I was even compensated. I would recommend this company to anyone going thru this type of harassment a very satisfied customer”.
“Because of a lie from a third-party debt collector that threatened me financially I nearly made the mistake of paying the debt collector money I couldn’t afford. The people here were friendly, knowledgeable and settled my case quickly. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!”
Check out the links below for more information: