Coast Professional Debt Collection Harassment? Stop the Calls!
Are you tired of Coast Professional Debt Collection Harassment? Do you wish there was a way to make the calls stop?
How to handle debt collection harassment from Coast Professional
- Be calm: Collect your emotions and control them. It is okay to ask a debt collector to call you at a later time if you are not ready to speak at that moment. Try not to get annoyed, and speak in anger because that will not get you anywhere.
- Listen more than you speak: When you eventually speak to the debt collector, do not be in a hurry to divulge information to them. Listen to them speak and get as much information as possible.
- Ask for proof that you owe the debt: The FDCPA allows you to request a debt validation letter. When you do this, the collection agency is mandated to send you a proof of what you owe.
- Ask the debt collector to stop harassing you: Verbally asking a debt collector to stop harassing you may not work all the time, but it works sometimes, especially when you let them know that you are aware of your rights and the consequences for them when they violate it.
- Send a cease and desist letter: You also have the option of asking the debt collector to stop contacting you by sending them a cease and desist letter.
- Make plans to pay the debt: When you are certain that the debt is yours, begin making plans to pay it.
- Leverage on their violation to negotiate: You can leverage on the collection agency’s violation to make negotiations with them, by making an agreement for a better payment option for you, in return for not filing a case against them.
- Sue the collection agency: You have the right to sue a debt collector who has harassed you. You can be awarded up to $1,000 if you win the case.
Who is Coast Professional?
Coast Professional is a third-party debt collector that focuses on collecting federal and private student loans. Many consumer forums detail harassing behavior by Coastal and an attitude that since they are collecting federal loans the FDCPA does not apply. This attitude is wrong. The FDCPA does apply to student loans, both federal and private, as well as the majority of consumer-based debts.
Address: 4273 Volunteer Rd
Geneseo, NY 14454-9444
Phone: (585) 991-5200
Fax: (866) 215-8049
Is Coast Professional, Inc a Scam?
No, Coast Professional is an approved debt collection agency. According to the Better Business Bureau website, Coast Professional, Inc has been in business since 1976. There have been 52 complaints filed against them with the BBB. Find more information about them here Coast Professional Inc Better Business Bureau
Coast Professional is often referred to or searched for by other names. These include:
coast professional inc, coast professionals, east coast professionals, coastal professional, coastal collection agency, coast collections, coast professional collection agency, coast professional, inc, coast collection agency, west coast professionals, coast professional collections, coast pro, coast professional/ral, coastal collections agency, cpi collections, coast professional debt collector, coast professional inc department of education, edpca coast professional, coast professional inc student loans, cpi collection, coast professional.com, coast to coast collection agency, coastal professional, coastal professional services llc, coast professional, inc, professional collection agency, coastal one financial group bbb, coast Geneseo ny
The following is a sample list of complaints filed against Delta Management Associates in the past year and can be found on Pacer.org.
CONSUMER RIGHTS LAW FIRM, PLLC
Consumer Rights Law Firm, PLLC is a law firm that specializes in helping clients who are facing harassment from debt collectors. If you suspect that your debt collection rights are being trampled upon, contact our office to begin the process to stop the harassment you may currently be receiving from Coast Professional. Our office has been assisting consumers since 2010, and we have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
Call us at (877)700-5790 for immediate assistance.