Absolute Recovery Services Debt Collection Harassment Tired of Absolute Recovery Services Debt Collection Harassment? Wish there was a way to make the calls stop? Is Absolute Recovery Services constantly calling and harassing you? Does your phone ring every day, several times per day, because Absolute Recovery Services is calling you to demand payment? Threatening you with legal action? Has Absolute Recovery Services ever used abusive or profane language when speaking with you on the phone? If so, Absolute Recovery Services may be violating your legal rights. Stop the harassment. The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, also known as the FDCPA, protects consumers’ rights in the context of debt collection. In other words, debt collectors must adhere to a certain set of rules when they are pursuing consumers who owe money. If a collector violates the FDCPA, you can sue the collector in court. The law allows consumers who have been victims of harassment from debt collectors to get the calls to stop in addition to recover statutory damages of up to $1,000, plus attorney fees and court costs.
Who is Absolute Recovery Services?Absolute Recovery Services is third party debt collector located in Memphis, Tennessee. They have been a party to several federal cases based on their issuance of credit and collection of debts incurred on their credit cards. A recent Federal Court cases alleges that Absolute Recovery Services used illegal and harassing communication tactics to attempt to coerce a payment from the harassed consumer.
Absolute Recovery Services Debt Collection Harassment TacticsIf Absolute Recovery Services engages in any of the following tactics, you may have a case:
- Calls before 8:00 a.m. or after 9:00 p.m. or at any time or that they are given notice that it is inconvenient to call (FDCPA 15 U.S.C. 1692c)
- Talking to others about your debt (FDCPA 15 U.S.C. 1692b)
- Call the consumer’s place of employment if they have been advised that calls cannot be accepted at work. (FDCPA 15 U.S.C. 1692c)
- Use any profane language or any language that is harassing and abusive (FDCPA 15 U.S.C. 1692d)
- Engage in any conduct, the natural consequence of which is to harass, abuse or oppress. (FDCPA 15 U.S.C. 1692d)
- Make any misrepresentations of fact, such as how much is owed, or certain actions they may take to force payment( FDCPA 15 U.S.C. 1692e)
- Threaten arrest or criminal prosecution ( FDCPA 15 U.S.C. 1692e)
- Send false information to the credit bureaus ( FDCPA 15 U.S.C. 1692e)
- Cause a telephone to ring an unreasonable amount of times ( FDCPA 15 U.S.C. 1692d)