Calls from United Merchant Asset Recovery?
Are you being harassed by United Merchant Asset Recovery?
Communicating with debt collectors requires knowledge. Many debt collectors have years of experience and have dealt with different customers, thus they are well familiar with the whole process and may outsmart you.
It is always wise to refrain from speaking too much when a debt collector calls, to avoid divulging information that can put you in a bad place. When debt collectors call, do not panic, instead, listen to what they have to say and confirm if the debt is actually yours. Avoid giving them personal financial information like your monthly income and where you work. It is advisable to refrain from giving a debt collector any details you wouldn’t give to a stranger.
When a debt collector begins to threaten you over the phone, trying to get information from you, politely tell them to send you debt validation in writing. Information like your email address, employer’s number, credit card number, and friends and family’s address should also not be given to debt collectors.
What if a debt collector misleads me with false information?
The FDCPA says that debt collectors are not allowed to use deceptive and manipulative debt collection methods, this means that they can not give you false information regarding your debts. However, some debt collectors still give false information to ignorant debtors, this is why debtors are always advised never to admit to owning a debt when they get a call from a debt collector.
If you suspect that a debt collector is lying about a debt they claim that you owe, this is what you should do.
- Check your records: Go through your records to confirm details about the debt. You need to be sure from your end first.
- Ask for names: The FDCPA allows you to ask the debt collector for their name, address, and agency. Asking these questions helps you know who exactly you’re dealing with. You should also ask them who they’re trying to contact, because they may be reaching the wrong person.
- Ask them for the name of the original creditor.
- Make a debt validation request: Within the first 5 days of being contacted by a debt collector, you are allowed to request that the debt collector send you full details pertaining to your debt.
- Keep records of everything the debt collector says to you: If they have sent you letters and documents, keep them in a file along with your own letters and responses to them as proof. Also, keep track of your phone calls with them and write down dates and details of the phone calls.
- Dispute the debt: if you are convinced that there is an error somewhere or that the debt is not yours, you have a chance to dispute it within 30 days from the day you received the first correspondence.
If a debt collector is deceiving and misleading you, they are violating the FDCPA and you may be able to sue them and receive statutory damages of $1000 alongside additional damages and attorney fees.
Who is United Merchant Asset Recovery?
United Merchant Asset Recovery is a third-party debt collector located in Lockport, New York. The company specializes in healthcare revenue management, accelerated receivables management, accelerated receivables solutions, and patient accounting services.
Address: PO Box 545
Lockport, NY 14095
Phone: (877) 599-2008
Fax: (866) 812-0592
Is United Merchant Asset Recovery a scam?
According to the Better Business Bureau website, United Merchant Asset Recovery has been in business since 2011. There have been 8 complaints closed in the last 3 years and 5 complaints closed out in the last 12 months. Read more about it here: United Merchant Asset Recovery Better Business Bureau
United Merchant Asset Recovery is often referred to or searched for by other names. These include:
united merchant asset recovery
federal merchant recovery
united asset recovery
united cash loans lawsuit
united merchant service
payday loan debt assistance better business bureau
loan to pay off collections debt
United Merchant Asset Recovery Phone Numbers
Are you receiving any harassing phone calls from any of these numbers?
844-868-8436, 877-664-9642, 877-599-2008.
If so, you may be a victim of United Merchant Asset Recovery debt collection harassment. Call us now on 877-700-5790 for further assistance.
The following is a sample list of complaints filed against United Merchant Asset Recovery and can be found on Pacer.org.
CONSUMER RIGHTS LAW FIRM, PLLC
Consumer Rights Law Firm, PLLC is a law firm that specializes in helping clients who are facing harassment from debt collectors. If you suspect that your debt collection rights are being trampled upon, contact our office to begin the process to stop the harassment you may currently be receiving from United Merchant Asset Recovery. Our office has been assisting consumers since 2010, and we have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
Call us at (877)700-5790 for immediate assistance.
Check out the links below for more information: