CAPITAL ONE- more than just in your wallet- Tying up your phone line.Who is Capital One? Capital One Financial Corporation is a bank holding company that mainly deals with credit cards, auto loans, banking and saving products. Capital One is well known for their massive credit card marketing campaigns and their catchy slogans. As of 2017, Capital One was one of the largest banks in the US with assets worth over 365 billion dollars. Capital One is also one of the top three companies that issue credit cards in the United States with revenue in the several billion dollars each year.
Capital One Phone HarassmentIn 2015, Capital One agreed to settle TCPA class action lawsuit filed in Illinois. This lawsuit accused Capital One of using automatic dialer or an artificial or prerecorded voice calls to harass consumers. Capital One denied any wrong doing or guilt, but settled the case for over $75 million dollars.
Violating Your Rights and the Law!There are many ways companies like Capital One harass consumers and violate their rights and the law. The TCPA limits when and how often a company like Capital One can call a consumer. The TCPA also bans the use of automatic dialing systems. Some of the key parts of the TCPA that Capital One must follow when making calls are below:
- Calls only between the hours of 8 a.m. and 9 p.m.
- Companies must maintain a “Do Not Call” list and follow it. Therefore not call the consumer again.
- Marketers may not send unsolicited advertisements by auto-dialer, prerecorded voice message, or fax to anyone without prior express consent.
- Customers must be able to opt-out of future robocalls during a robocall. The call must be disconnected right away and no future calls can be made to that consumer by that organization if there is an opt-out request.
- Calling without identifying themselves or without revealing the identity of the person or company on whose behalf they are making the calls
Capital One Phone NumbersAre you receiving any harassing phone calls from any of the following numbers? 805-964-0386, 866-929-5306, 813-202-7244, 909-391-1768, 866-381-0453, 866-929-5307, 800-955-6600, 800-725-8715 If the answer is yes, then you are receiving calls from a known Capital One number. You may be a victim of Capital One Phone Harassment. The list above is not all the numbers that Capital One uses. The calls can be from a different number and it still be Capital One calling you. Contact our office right away so we can start the process to stop Capital One from calling you illegally. No one should live with the harassment!
CONSUMER RIGHTS LAW FIRM, PLLC
Consumer Rights Law Firm, PLLC is a law firm that specializes in helping clients who are facing harassment from debt collectors in any form, including telephone communication. Rather than suffer alone, contact a legal professional to stop the Capital One harassment.If you are interested in learning more about how to safeguard yourself and prevent even more Capital One Phone Harassment, call us at (877)700-5790 for immediate assistance or visit our website at www.consumerlawfirmcenter.com check out a link for more information: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/debt-collection-faqs https://consumerlawfirmcenter.com/sitemap.xml