FALSE AND MISREPRESENTING CLAIMS FROM COLLECTION AGENCIES
Has a debt collector made any false or misrepresenting claims? Have they said something that is not true or could be misleading? It is a violation of your rights under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) for a collection agency such as Asset Recovery Associates to make any false or misrepresenting claims.
The Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA) is a law set up to protect the consumer from debt collection harassment. There have been numerous instances in which agents from Asset Recovery Associates have violated consumers rights under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).
The following types of debt are covered under the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act:
- Medical Bills
- Credit Card
- Auto Loans
- Student Loans
- Household Debts
Any debt occurred for business purposes are not covered under the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act.
Underneath are some things Asset Recovery Associates may not do as it pertains to the FDCPA:
- Contact any third party stating you owe a debt
- Call you at work after you told them to not call at work
- Leave a voicemail not stating the company name or that it’s an attempt to collect debt
- Use any abusive or obscene language
- Make false or misrepresenting claims
- Call before 8 AM or after 9 PM
- Call more than 5 times in one day
- Ask you to pay more than what is owed
- Continue to call after you advised them to stop
- Make any threats such as legal action, garnishment, arrest, imprisonment, or bodily harm
If you feel that Asset Recovery Associates violated your rights as a consumer under the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act, Get FREE LEGAL HELP from Legal Rights Advocates! Contact us at Legal Rights Advocates (888) 656-7675 as well as our website https://www.yourlegalrightsadvocates.com/ for help with our FREE services.Blog Posts,