Arcadia Recovery Bureau Harassment?
Is Arcadia Recovery Bureau (ARB) calling you?
Being on the receiving end of a debt collection call is one of the most stressful situations to be in. People continue to bitterly complain about the stress and anxiety debt collection calls bring to them. This is largely due to the unpleasant approach of these debt collectors. An average debt collector is not interested in the welfare or peace of the debtor. All he wants is to get money from them because they get paid only when they get you to resolve your debt.
This pursuit ends up making many debt collectors insensitive and threatening to the peace of debtors. Being in debt is not favorable to the debtor, but sometimes, people do not really have a choice. You may need to go to college, pay for an expensive medical procedure, or even just buy your desired pair of shoes.
Coupled with the stress of being in debt, the last thing a debtor needs is harassment and threats from third-party debt collectors wanting to collect on a debt. This is why federal laws have been put in place to ensure that debt collectors do not go too far when trying to recover debts from consumers.
The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act is one of the laws that protect the rights of consumers from the excesses of debt collectors. Debt collectors are expected to refrain from activities like harassing, threatening, and lying to debtors because such actions can attract severe penalties under the law. Any debt collector who is guilty of these unethical practices has violated your rights and should be stopped immediately. Call us now on 877-700-5790
Some mistakes you should avoid in dealing with debt collectors
Many people are unprepared when debt collectors call and this leads to them making certain costly mistakes that affect them in the long run. If you are getting calls from a debt collector concerning your debts, try to avoid the following mistakes.
- Panicking: Even though a debt collection call may come as a surprise, try to avoid panicking. Being in a state of panic is the first step towards saying the wrong things in a conversation with a debt collector. Try to remain calm and at ease. This will help you arrive at more rational decisions.
- Volunteering information: This is one huge mistake that debtors make. Do not disclose your personal or financial information to a debt collector, especially on whose identity you have not confirmed.
- Telling a debt collector more than they should know is to your disadvantage. Even when a debt collector is probing you for personal information, you have the right to remain silent if you do not wish to speak. This holds true especially when the information they seek is your personal financial information. A debt collector has no legal right to know private information about you such as your bank account or social security number.
- Talking under pressure: You have the right to ask a debt collector to call you at a later time if you feel pressured or not comfortable enough to talk at that moment. Talking under pressure can lead to making deals that could be detrimental to you in the long run.
- Admitting that you owe a debt: This is a trap many unsuspecting consumers fall into out of ignorance. Admitting that you owe a debt can restart the clock on a debt with an expired statute of limitations. Even when you think you may owe the debt, never admit to it over the phone.
- Being ignorant of your rights: Being a debtor does not mean that you do not have rights. There are laws that protect your interests like the FDCPA. Knowing them will greatly improve your levels of confidence when dealing with a debt collector.
Who is Arcadia Recovery Bureau?
Arcadia Recovery Bureau is a third-party debt collector located in Reading, Pennsylvania. ARB has been a party to a Federal Court case over 45 times. They have been accused of violating consumer’s rights and illegal and harassing communication tactics to attempt to coerce a payment from the harassed consumer.
Address: 645 Penn Street
Reading, PA 19601
Phone: (610) 378-5000
Is Arcadia Recovery Bureau a Scam?
No, they’re a legitimate collection agency. According to the Better Business Bureau website, Arcadia Recovery Bureau has been in business for 81 years. There have been 22 complaints filed against ARB with the BBB in the past 3 years. Read more about them here Arcadia Recovery Bureau Better Business Bureau
Arcadia Recovery Bureau is often referred to or searched for by other names. These include:
arcadia recovery bureau, arcadia recovery, arcadia collection, arcadia collections, payarb, arcadia recovery center, recovery bureau, arcadia recovery bureau llc, accounts recovery bureau, arb llc, www.payarb.com, accounts recovery bureau reading pa, payarb com, arcadia recovery bureau columbus ohio, arcadia collection agency, acadia recovery, arb reading pa, arcadia recovery bureau reviews, california recovery bureau, us recovery bureau, arcadia collection co.ltd, california recovery bureau inc, arcadia collection co. ltd, nationwide recovery bureau, arcadia collection co ltd, check recovery bureau, berks collection agency, recovery service bureau, bureau of collection recovery, texas recovery bureau, arcadia water company, bureau of account management collections, berks credit and collections reading pa, nationwide debt recoveries, bureau of balance logo, arcadia solutions llc, account recovery collection agency, account recovery inc, accounts recovery collection agency, account recovery services inc, california recoveries company, arcadia services, credit bureau columbus ohio, revenue collection bureau inc, arcadia operating llc, collection agency columbus ohio, arkadian bridge, arcadia credit, arcadia services inc, medical business bureau llc
Arcadia Recovery Bureau Phone Numbers
Are you receiving any harassing phone calls from any of the following numbers?
610-378-5000, 800-364-0735, (610) 378-5000, (800) 364-0735, 6103785000, 8003640735
If the answer is yes, then you are receiving calls from a known ARB number. You may be a victim of ARB phone harassment. Call us now on 877-700-5790 for immediate assistance.
The following is a sample list of complaints filed against Arcadia Recovery Bureau in the past year and can be found on Pacer.org.
2:17-cv-03812-DRH-SIL Williams v. Arcadia Recovery Bureau
1:17-cv-05347-RJD-JO Shrem v. Arcadia Recovery Bureau
5:15-cv-05136-JLS Allen v. Arcadia Recovery Bureau
5:15-cv-05605-JLS Kern v. Arcadia Recovery Bureau
3:17-cv-04793-JSC Lopez v. Arcadia Recovery Bureau
Consumer Rights Law Firm, PLLC is a law firm that specializes in helping clients who are facing harassment from debt collectors. If you suspect that your debt collection rights are being trampled upon, contact our office to begin the process to stop the harassment you may currently be receiving from Arcadia Recovery Bureau. Our office has been assisting consumers since 2010, and we have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
Check out the links below for more information: