Debt harassment over the Tile Shop credit card?
Are you getting a series of uncomfortable calls from debt collectors regarding the Tile Shop credit card?
If the answer to that question is yes, then you are most likely only enduring this because you are unaware that you are protected from debt collection harassment during the collection of your Tile credit card by both federal and state laws.
This set of laws is called the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (or FDCPA for short), and under the FDCPA, there are many restrictions placed upon what a creditor can and cannot do and say to you while trying to recover a Tile payment.
If Fair Debt Collection Practices Act is violated, the collection agency contacting you about your Tile shop credit card debt can be brought to court where they may be forced to pay monetary compensation to you for their unethical behavior. This is great news, as it means that you are not as helpless as you may think you are during the Tile shop debt collection process.
On that note, you may reach out to our team of expert professionals if you feel harassed at any point during the Tile credit card debt collection process. With over 10 years of experience, our team of qualified attorneys will fight fiercely for you to ensure that you get the compensation you deserve. All you have to do is call us at 877-700-5790.
What actions are prohibited by the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act?
According to the FDCPA, the debt collector contacting you about making a Tile payment must not call you under certain conditions; they are:
- The debt collector representing the Tile shop LLC cannot call you before 8 a.m. or after 9 p.m.
- They must desist from contacting you at work immediately you ask them not to. Your verbal request should be valid for a duration of 7 days, after which you should follow it up in writing.
- The collector trying to retrieve a Tile payment from you is obligated to respect your cease-and-desist letter. This, however, does not mean that you no longer owe the debt.
- If you are represented by an attorney (the attorneys of this firm, for example), then the debt collector representing the Tile shop LLC must direct all communication to us and not to you.
- The debt collector is prohibited from communicating with anyone else (even if they are members of your family) about your debt with the Tile shop. They are allowed to contact members of your social circle to find out your contact information, however, they can only do so once.
In addition to the rules surrounding communication listed above, the debt collector contacting you about your Comenity Tile shop credit card debt is prohibited from engaging in the following actions:
- Threatening you with violence, arrest, jail time, wage garnishment (without a court order), or bodily harm.
- Speaking to you in a way that is deemed profane, offensive, intimidating, or harassing.
- Causing your phone to ring several times with the intent to annoy or harass you into paying the Tile shop credit card debt.
- Misleading you with false representation in terms of documents, court orders, or their identity.
- Trick you into believing that you are a criminal simply because you owe the Tile shop LLC.
- Misrepresenting the amount or legal status of the Tile credit card debt in question.
- Threatening you with an action they will not or cannot legally enforce.
- Placing an anonymous call to you or saying that they are from a different company other than the one they represent.
If you are experiencing any of the situations listed above during the collection of your Tile shop credit card, then you should not hesitate to reach out to us immediately by calling 877-700-5790. We are always willing to help.
Intimidating calls from The Tile Shop?
Are you receiving any harassing phone calls from any of these numbers?
+44 1925 651678
If the answer is yes, then you are receiving calls from a known Tile shop credit card phone number. You may be a victim of harassment from The Tile shop. The list above is not all the numbers that The Tile shop uses. The calls can be from different phone numbers and still be The Tile shop calling you. Cardholders might also receive text messages from these numbers in relation to collecting a Tile shop credit card debt.
Visit comenity.net/thetileshop to manage your card or contact our office right away if you would like us to step in and end the harassment.
Consumer Rights Law Firm, PLLC is a law firm that specializes in helping clients who are facing harassment from debt collectors in any form, including telephone communication.
If you are interested in learning more about how to stop the harassment you may be receiving from The Tile shop and their affiliated debt collectors, call us at (877)700-5790 for immediate assistance or visit our website at www.consumerlawfirmcenter.com