Is Asset Recovery Associates ARA harassing you with constant phone calls. Do they threaten to take legal action or garnish your wages? Are they calling you at all hours or several times a day? Are they telling your family and neighbors that you owe a debt? If so what they are doing is illegal and needs to stop. You have the legal right to stop Asset Recovery Associates ARA phone harassment.
Who is Asset Recovery Solutions, ARA?Asset Recovery Associates is a third-party debt collector that is currently based out of Lombard, Illinois. They also go by the name Financial Credit Service and was started in 2003. In most but not all cases, ARA buys debt from other companies for pennies on the dollar and then tries to collect the full amount. This type of debt is often very old and so old that it cannot be legally collected on. While ARA buys debts and therefore collects on debts that it owns, the company is still required to follow and abide by the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
Asset Recovery Associates ARA Phone Harassment ExamplesIf ARA engages in any of the following tactics, you may have a case:
- Using profanity or abusive language
- Calling you before 8:00 a.m. or after 9:00 p.m.
- Calling you multiple times per week
- Talking to others about your debt
- Calling your workplace
- Threatening to sue you, harm you, or destroy your credit
- Telling you or anyone else that you’ve committed a crime
- Calling repeatedly for the wrong person
- Failing to notify you of your right to dispute the debt
- Trying to collect more than legally allowed