Are debt collectors calling over your JJill credit card?
Even if you find yourself in debt, you still have rights that debt collectors must obey.
When you go into debt, your original creditors do not immediately get involved with debt collection agencies unless it seems you’re unwilling to pay. In which case the creditor may then have to sell your debt to a collection agency for less than it’s worth, therefore giving complete control to the collection agency who will make certain to collect the entire debt from you.
Make sure to act fast when you owe a debt to avoid further confrontation from debt collection agencies. Follow up with your creditor and in clear terms, explain the reasons for the delay in payment. Establish a payment plan that is easy to follow-up and stick to it. Most creditors will be willing to assist provided that they get paid in the end.
However, in the case where your JJill credit card debt has already been sent to a collection agency, there’s no point crying over spilled milk. You just have to face the debt collector demanding a JJill credit card payment head-on. This is because even if the calls have not started coming in, they are very likely to, soon enough.
The debt collector will begin to attempt to recover all of your JJill credit card debt as soon and as fast as they can. This can put you under a lot of pressure and leave you feeling stressed out.
Some debt collectors are quite abrasive, and you may begin to feel scared and intimidated every time the collector making attempts to collect your JJill Comenity debt calls you. If this is happening, it’s likely because the debt collector is being rude, or harsh to you.
You must know that Federal laws prohibit debt collectors from threatening and harassing you. They are also not allowed to use obscene and profane words while making collection attempts.
If the JJill card debt collector is doing these to you, they’re violating your rights and you can stop them. Contact us immediately at 877-700-5790 to discuss your situation and get the help you require.
About your JJill credit card
Founded in 1959 in the Berkshires, United States, J Jill is an American company that retails women’s clothing. Their CEO is Claire Spofford, and their Headquarters is located at Quincy, in Massachusetts, United States. The Talbots (a rival retailer) acquired J.Jill in 2006 and management has changed hands since then.
The best thing about the JJill credit card is that it does not require annual fees and gives good approval odds for people with a credit score above 600.
The JJill card can only be used in-store and on their website.
You can enter in your your JJill card login details to make a payment on the JJill card website.
JJill credit phone number: +1.800.343.5700, +1.800.498.9960
Address: 4 Batterymarch Park, Quincy, MA 02169
14 Things a debt collector should not do
There are laws that guide debt collection processes. These laws guide debt collectors and hinder them from:
- Making threats to involve violence or indulge in other criminal activity.
- Using vulgar and offensive words with you in an attempt to get you to make a Jjill credit card payment
- Wrongly accusing clients of theft, deception, or other criminal activities.
- Threatening to confiscate clients’ assets or order an arrest without following the court’s due process.
- Continuously harassing debtors through anonymous phone calls.
- Calling debtors and refusing to disclose the identity of the caller before charges are approved.
- Using Deceptive Collection strategies which may include:
- – Disguising under false names and identities.
- – Increasing the amount of debt or judicial status of the debt.
- – Sending false documents to debtors that seem to be from a court or another official agency.
- – Not identifying who’s in charge of debt.
- – Manipulating the truth behind the type of services given out by collection agency or collector.
- – Pretending to have information about a client or something of value in order to uncover information about the client.
- – Making attempts to extort more money from clients than the amount agreed upon. It is important to note that your money can increase due to additional fees such as collection fees, attorney fees, and interests.
Remember never to share your Jjill credit card login details with a stranger claiming to represent your original creditor over the phone and verify that all communications you receive online are indeed from the official J Jill website.
Getting an endless stream of calls over your JJill credit card debt?
009 1 603-266-2600
Are you receiving any harassing phone calls from any of these numbers?
If the answer is yes, then you are receiving calls from a known J Jill credit card phone number. You may be a victim of harassment from a debt collection agency. The list above is not all the numbers that J Jill uses. The calls can be from different phone numbers and still be JJill calling you. Cardholders might also receive text messages from these numbers in relation to collecting a J Jill credit card debt. Contact our office right away to stop the harassment.
Consumer Rights Law Firm, PLLC is a law firm that specializes in helping clients who are facing harassment from debt collectors in any form, including telephone communication.
If you are interested in learning more about how to stop the harassment over your JJill credit card, call us at (877)700-5790 for immediate assistance or visit our website at www.consumerlawfirmcenter.com.