Harassment over your Bj’s credit card?
Getting incessant phone calls about your Bj’s credit card?
If you’re deep in debt and are now on the receiving end of a seemingly incessant string of phone calls, voicemails, and harassing notices from a third-party debt collector over your Bj’s Mastercard, you don’t need to lose hope.
Yes, nobody likes to be in a situation where they can’t make their Bj’s credit card payment several times until the debt is eventually sent to an agency for collection. If you can, we advise you to avoid having the debt being sent to a collection agency at all costs, as collection agencies are notorious for their collection antics, and the incessant calls you may receive at the most inconvenient only make the situation feel more daunting.
Being aware of your rights in the context of debt collection is a big step in the right direction. The FDCPA protects the rights of consumers like you from the harassing behavior of debt collectors trying to get you to make a Bj’s credit card payment.
If you feel harassed during your conversation with a debt collector, be sure to contact an A+ accredited attorney to get a better view of your current situation. Call 877-700-5790 today.
Who is BJ’s?
Operating out of Westborough, Massachusetts BJ’s Wholesale Club Holdings, Inc., is a warehouse club chain that offers memberships to individuals. BJ’s satisfies all of a consumer’s household needs, from paper towels to TVs. To manage your BJ’s card, visit comenity.net/bjs.
BJ’s Contact Information
25 Research Drive, Westborough, MA 01581
Tel: (800) 257-2582, 774-512-6799
What are my rights when dealing with debt collectors?
The FDCPA (Fair Debt Collection Practices Act) is a law that protects the rights of consumers throughout the process of debt collection. According to the FDCPA, a debt collector must not:
- Use or even threaten to use physical force during the collection of your Bj/Comenity bank card debt.
- Hassle you to make a payment or suggest acquiring more debt to settle this one
- Furnish you with deceptive or misleading information
- Give an unauthorized third-party any information about your Bj’s/Comenity bank debt
- Publicize your name or personal information in an attempt to shame you into paying up your debts.
Debt collectors are also prohibited from carrying out these harassing actions with your spouse, parent, co-signor, or anyone else who can know about the debt. Make a formal complaint with the FTC or CFPB if a creditor or debt collector acts in a harassing or abusive way towards you. You may also contact a qualified attorney at 877-700-5790.
What are a debt collector’s rights when contacting me about my Bj’s credit card?
- A debt collector is within their right to ask you to pay your Bj’s credit card debt.
- A debt collector may contact you when it is necessary to do so and when it is within the ethical boundaries given for communication between consumers and debt collectors.
- A collector may contact you to make arrangements for repayment.
- A collector may contact, or even sue you if you haven’t held up your own end of an agreed repayment plan.
- A collector is within their rights to review a payment plan after an agreed period of time
- If they have been tasked to do so by your original creditor, they may inspect or recover mortgaged goods.
- A debt collector is within their right to report your debt to a credit reporting agency.
Are you getting calls from a Bj’s credit card phone number?
1 (800) 257-2582
Are you receiving any harassing phone calls from any of these numbers?
If the answer is yes, then you are receiving calls from a known Bj’s credit card phone number. You may be a victim of robocalls from the Bj’s. The list above is not all the numbers that Bj uses. The calls can be from different phone numbers and still be BJ’s calling you. Cardholders might also receive text messages from these numbers in relation to collecting a credit card debt. Contact our office right away so we can start the process to stop the Bj’s credit card phone number from calling you.
Consumer Rights Law Firm, PLLC is a law firm that specializes in helping clients who are facing harassment from debt collectors in any form, including telephone communication.
If you are interested in learning more about how to stop the harassing calls from a Bj’s credit card phone number, call us at (877)700-5790 for immediate assistance or visit our website at www.consumerlawfirmcenter.com