Andrew Metcalf Debt Collection Harassment
Is Andrew Metcalf harassing you?
Nobody likes to be in debt, but sometimes, people get into very bad financial situations and need help in gaining financial equilibrium. When people fall behind on their bills for an adequate amount of time, their accounts eventually get transferred to collection agencies who begin to pursue the debt. You may not directly owe a debt collector. They collect debts on behalf of lenders and creditors. Some debt collectors however totally buy over the delinquent debts. These are known as debt buyers.
When a debt collector calls, one should never assume it automatically means they owe a debt. It is always wise to seek to verify any debt a debt collector brings before you. Failure to do this may lead to you paying a debt that isn’t yours or reviving a debt that has either been settled, discharged in bankruptcy or carries an expired statute of limitations.
Verifying a debt involves seeking to know more about the debt by asking for details and documents regarding the debt, name, and address of the debtor, amount of the debt and original creditor owed. A legitimate debt collector will know these things; you should also consult your credit report to see if the alleged debt is listed there.
The law allows you to make this request and mandates the debt collector to honor your request. Any debt collector who fails to do this has violated your rights.
The law further protects you by prohibiting debt collectors from harassing you in any way. Debt collection harassment is faced by many debtors and being ignorant of their rights makes them continually suffer this unfair treatment. If you are being harassed by a debt collector, call us now on 877-700-5790 to determine if you may be entitled to statutory damages of $1000.
Rules a collection agency must adhere to
There are procedures prescribed by law that debt collection agencies must adhere to. According to the law, a debt collection agency must:
- Send you a written statement in which details of the loan they claim you owe is contained. This must be sent to you within five days from the date of the initial contact. The statement will help you determine if the account they speak of is legitimate, and you should ask the collection agency to include the name of the original creditor, the interest rates on the loan, the expiry date of the loan, and the exact amount of money you owe.
- Identify themselves as a debt collection agency and state the name and address of their establishment.
- Inform you about your right to dispute the debt within 30 days counting from the date of initial contact.
- Respect your desire to not be contacted further, especially if you have expressed this desire in writing.
- Never use forceful, unethical, or harassing methods to collect a debt.
- Provide the necessary information about the terms of the loan and the variety of repayment options available.
- Manage your payments properly by posting them when they are made and allocating funds accurately.
- Never make excessive robocalls that prevent individuals from speaking with a human representative.
- Respect your consumer rights under the FDCPA and TCPA laws.
Who is Andrew Metcalf?
Andrew Metcalf is a third-party debt collector located in Avon, Massachusetts. The company works with many recognized institutions, providing effective and proven Account Receivables Management services.
185 Main St Ste 34, Avon,
Is Andrew Metcalf a scam?
No, Andrew Metcalf is an approved collection agency. Read more about them here Andrew Metcalf Better Business Bureau
Andrew Metcalf is often referred to or searched for by other names. These include:
andrew is a
andrew lack bio
metcalf and metcalf
wustl employee self service
ogletree deakins st.louis
ogletree deakins st louis
a for andrew
Andrew Metcalf Phone Numbers
Are you receiving any harassing phone calls from the following number?
If the answer is yes, then you are receiving calls from a known AM number. You may be a victim of debt collection harassment. Call us now on 877-700-5790 for further assistance.
Consumer Rights Law Firm, PLLC is a law firm that specializes in helping clients who are facing harassment from debt collectors. If you suspect that your debt collection rights are being trampled upon, contact our office to begin the process to stop the harassment you may currently be receiving from Andrew Metcalf debt collection agency. Our office has been assisting consumers since 2010, and we have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
Call us at 877-700-5790 for immediate assistance.