United Collection Bureau constantly calling and harassing you? Does your phone ring every day, several times per day, with United Collection Bureau calling you to demand payment? Threatened with legal action for a time barred debt? Has United Collection Bureau ever used abusive or profane language when speaking with you on the phone? If so, United Collection Bureau may be violating your legal rights. Stop collection calls- United Collection Bureau Harassment. The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, also known as the FDCPA, protects consumers’ rights in the context of debt collection. In other words, debt collectors must adhere to a certain set of rules when they are pursuing consumers who owe money. If a collector violates the FDCPA, you can sue the collector in court. The law allows consumers who have been victims of harassment from debt collectors to get the calls to stop in addition to recover statutory damages of up to $1,000, plus attorney fees and court costs.
Who is United Collection Bureau?United Collection Bureau is a debt collection corporation based in Ohio. Founded in 1959,United Collection Bureau or UCB is listed with the BBB as debt collection agency. UCB has had numerous complaints filed against it with the BBB. In addition, numerous lawsuit have been filed against them for violating consumers rights and harassing them.
Stop Collection Calls- United Collection Bureau HarassmentIllegal collection examples
- Using profane or abusive language
- Collection agencies cannot call before 8:00am or after 9:00pm.
- Calling you multiple times per week
- Talking to others about your debt
- Calling your workplace
- Threatening to sue you, harm you, or destroy your credit
- Telling you or anyone else that you’ve committed a crime
- Calling repeatedly for the wrong person
- Failing to notify you of your right to dispute the debt
- Trying to collect more than legally allowed