The Law Offices of Stephen P. Dewey Debt Collection Harassment?
The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, also known as the FDCPA, protects consumers’ rights in the context of debt collection. In other words, debt collectors must adhere to a certain set of rules when they are pursuing consumers who owe money. If a collector violates the FDCPA, you can sue the collector in court. The law allows consumers who have been victims of harassment from debt collectors to get the calls to stop in addition to recover statutory damages of up to $1,000, plus attorney fees and court costs.
Who is The Law Offices of Stephen P. Dewey?
The Law Offices of Stephen P. Dewey is third party debt collector located in Ossining, New York. They have been a party to several federal cases based on their issuance of credit and collection of debts incurred on their credit cards. Furthermore, a recent Federal Court cases alleges that The Law Offices of Stephen P. Dewey used illegal and harassing communication tactics to attempt to coerce a payment from the harassed consumer.
The Law Offices of Stephen P. Dewey Debt Collection Harassment Tactics
If The Law Offices of Stephen P. Dewey engages in any of the following tactics, you may have a case:
- Calls before 8:00 a.m. or after 9:00 p.m. or at any time or that they are given notice that it is inconvenient to call (FDCPA 15 U.S.C. 1692c)
- Talking to others about your debt (FDCPA 15 U.S.C. 1692b)
- Call the consumer’s place of employment if they have been advised that calls cannot be accepted at work. (FDCPA 15 U.S.C. 1692c)
- Use any profane language or any language that is harassing and abusive (FDCPA 15 U.S.C. 1692d)
- Engage in any conduct, the natural consequence of which is to harass, abuse or oppress. (FDCPA 15 U.S.C. 1692d)
- Make any misrepresentations of fact, such as how much is owed, or certain actions they may take to force payment( FDCPA 15 U.S.C. 1692e)
- Threaten arrest or criminal prosecution ( FDCPA 15 U.S.C. 1692e)
- Send false information to the credit bureaus ( FDCPA 15 U.S.C. 1692e)
- Cause a telephone to ring an unreasonable amount of times ( FDCPA 15 U.S.C. 1692d)
CONSUMER RIGHTS LAW FIRM, PLLC
Consumer Rights Law Firm, PLLC is a law firm that specializes in helping clients who are facing harassment from debt collectors in any form, including telephone communication. Contact a legal professional to stop The Law Offices of Stephen P. Dewey debt collection harassment. Our office has been assisting consumers since 2010. We have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
If you are interested in learning more about how to safeguard yourself and prevent even more The Law Offices of Stephen P. Dewey debt collection harassment, call us at (877)700-5790 for immediate assistance or visit our website at www.consumerlawfirmcenter.com.
“What an amazing experience I had with Consumer Rights Law firm. I kept getting constant calls from a debt collector who was asking for someone I didn’t know. After explaining over and over I was not the person they were looking for, The calls still continued , it became frustrating and very annoying. I came across this firm and just called to talk to someone to see how I could get the calls to stop. I spoke to a gentleman that was very professional and very helpful. Not only did they get the calls to stop immediately , they were able to put some money in my pocket as well , Here’s the best thing, it cost me nothing for them to help me. They come highly recommended. Thank you Consumer Rights”
“I had the pleasure of dealing with Consumer Rights Law Firm PLLC on 2 different occasions the staff were very courteous and helpful and they were familiar with the Collection Agencies in question and the harassment calls stop, I was even compensated. I would recommend this company to anyone going thru this type of harassment a very satisfied customer.”
“I would highly recommend the Consumer Rights Law Firm to anybody that has been harassed! They were very professional and straightforward about my rights.”
Check out a links below for more information:
Last Updated on December 17, 2020