Stoneleigh Recovery Associates Debt Collection Harassment?
If you have been enduring Stoneleigh Recovery Associates Debt Collection Harassment, you do not have to anymore. Stoneleigh Recovery Associates is a third-party debt collector and like other debt collectors, they have the responsibility of calling debtors to talk about their debt and payment. If Stoneleigh Recovery Associates is calling you, it may be as a result of a debt you’ve owed before. A debt you may even have forgotten. Stoneleigh Recovery Associates’ debt collection is meant to be a simple and easy process. When it becomes difficult and aggressive then it is no longer lawful.
The FDCPA has rules that debt collectors must follow and these rules prohibit any form of forceful or aggressive debt collection method. Even if you owe, it doesn’t mean that you have to keep putting up with Stoneleigh Recovery Associates’ phone harassment.
You can contact us today to help you solve this debt collection harassment problem. Stoneleigh Recovery Associates’ phone harassment can be stopped. Let us help you.
Who is Stoneleigh Recovery Associates?
Stoneleigh Recovery Associates is a third-party debt collector located in Lombard, Illinois. SRA collections offers debt recovery, security, and corporate management services to clients in the United States.
Address: 810 Springer Dr
Lombard, IL 60148-6413
Phone: (866) 724-2330
Fax: (630) 424-1918
Common myths about debt collection
Stoneleigh Recovery Associates debt collection is a dreaded topic for many people. Due to collection agencies’ history of unpleasant debt collection methods and the aggressive way they speak to debtors, many people hate to hear about debt collectors or find themselves in situations where a debt collector is calling them.
This fear is further strengthened by the fact that these debtors do not know their rights and have been further misinformed about the whole process of debt collection. If you’re experiencing Stoneleigh Recovery Associates Debt Collection, you need the right knowledge and it starts with getting rid of the wrong knowledge that you already possess. We debunked a couple of debt collection myths below.
- Paying a debt collector is always the best option. This is wrong. Although most times, the fastest way to get a collection agency off your back is to pay them, this is not always the best option for everyone. If Stoneleigh Recovery Associates is calling you about a debt that isn’t yours, a debt that is already settled or a debt that has exceeded the statute of limitations, paying is not the best option for you.
- Ignoring a debt collector will make them go away. If you have experienced Stoneleigh Recovery Associates’ phone harassment and decided as a result of that to stop answering their phone calls hoping they will go away, you have made a wrong decision. Address any case of debt collection harassment and put a stop to it completely. Choosing to ignore the debt collector will only make them more aggressive. One characteristic that debt collectors possess is resilience.
- Debt collections don’t have an impact on your credit score. This is a lie.
- The FDCPA applies to creditors. This is a myth. The FDCPA actually applies only to third-party debt collectors like Stoneleigh Recovery Associates LLC.
- Debt collectors can garnish your wages on their own. A debt collector needs to win you in court and get permission from the court first before they can garnish your wages.
- Debt collectors can not sue you. This is a very dangerous myth. Debt collectors can sue debtors.
Is Stoneleigh Recovery Associates a scam?
Stoneleigh Recovery Associates is a legitimate third-party debt collector licensed to operate in the US. According to the Better Business Bureau website, SRA collections has been in business since 2007. There have been 13 customer complaints filed. Read more about it here: Stoneleigh Recovery Associates Better Business Bureau
Stoneleigh Recovery Associates Phone Numbers
Are you receiving any harassing phone calls from any of these numbers?
If so, you may be a victim of Stoneleigh Recovery Associates debt collection harassment. Call us immediately to negotiate with SRA collections on your behalf and stop any form of harassment that you may be experiencing.
Common Questions we get asked
Is Stoneleigh Recovery Associates a scam? No, Stoneleigh Recovery Associates has been in business since 2007.
Can Stoneleigh Recovery Associates seize my property? Stoneleigh Recovery Associates can’t seize your property, but there are some exceptions. If the debt was tied to the property the collector may be able to repossess it. Or, if the collector has sued and obtain a judgment against you, the debt collector may be able to take certain property as permitted by the court.
Can Stoneleigh Recovery Associates sue me? Yes, Stoneleigh Recovery Associates can sue you so long as the debt is within the statute of limitations.
Can Stoneleigh Recovery Associates report my debt to the collections bureaus? Yes, Debt collectors are allowed to place the collection account on your credit report
Can Stoneleigh Recovery Associates arrest me? Debt collectors don’t have the authority to have you arrested for a debt. However, if you violate a court order, e.g. an order to appear in court, the judge can issue a warrant for your arrest. Depending on the laws in your state, you may be arrested for certain debts like unpaid child support or traffic tickets.
The following is a sample list of complaints filed against Stoneleigh Recovery Associates and can be found on Pacer.org.
CONSUMER RIGHTS LAW FIRM, PLLC
Consumer Rights Law Firm, PLLC is a law firm that specializes in helping clients who are facing harassment from debt collectors in any form, including telephone communication. Contact a legal professional to stop Stoneleigh Recovery Associates debt collection harassment. Our office has been assisting consumers since 2010. We have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
If you are interested in learning more about how to safeguard yourself and prevent Stoneleigh Recovery Associates debt collection harassment, call us at (877)700-5790 for immediate assistance or visit our website at www.consumerlawfirmcenter.com.
Check out our list of success stories from several of our satisfied clients to give you the boost of encouragement you need to face your debt collection harassment case head-on.
Check out the links below for more information: