Harris & Harris Debt Collection Harassment
Tired of Harris & Harris Debt Collection Harassment? Wish there was a way to make the calls stop? Is Harris & Harris constantly calling and harassing you? Does your phone ring every day, several times per day, because Harris & Harris is calling you to demand payment? Threatening you with legal action? Has Harris & Harris ever used abusive or profane language when speaking with you on the phone? If so, Harris & Harris may be violating your legal rights. Stop harassment.
The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, also known as the FDCPA, protects consumers’ rights in the context of debt collection. In other words, debt collectors must adhere to a certain set of rules when they are pursuing consumers who owe money. If a collector violates the FDCPA, you can sue the collector in court. The law allows consumers who have been victims of harassment from debt collectors to get the calls to stop in addition to recover statutory damages of up to $1,000, plus attorney fees and court costs.
Who is Harris & Harris?
Harris & Harris is a third-party debt collector located in Chicago, Illinois. They have been a party to over 260 federal cases based on their issuance of credit and collection of debts incurred on their credit cards. A recent Federal Court cases allege that Harris & Harris used illegal and harassing communication tactics to attempt to coerce a payment from the harassed consumer.
Harris & Harris Debt Collection Harassment Tactics
If Harris & Harris engages in any of the following tactics, you may have a case:
- Calls before 8:00 a.m. or after 9:00 p.m. or at any time or that they are given notice that it is inconvenient to call
- Talking to others about your debt
- Call the consumer’s place of employment if they have been advised that calls cannot be accepted at work.
- Use any profane language or any language that is harassing and abusive
- Engage in any conduct, the natural consequence of which is to harass, abuse or oppress.
- Make any misrepresentations of fact, such as how much is owed, or certain actions they may take to force payment
- Threaten arrest or criminal prosecution
- Send false information to the credit bureaus
- Cause a telephone to ring an unreasonable amount of times
Harris & Harris Phone Number
Are you receiving any harassing phone calls from any of these numbers?
If so, you may be a victim of Harris & Harris debt collection harassment. The list above is not all the numbers that Harris & Harris uses. Also, calls can be from a different numbers and it still be Harris & Harris calling you. Contact our office right away so we can start the process to stop Harris & Harris from calling you illegally. Above all, no one should live with harassment.
CONSUMER RIGHTS LAW FIRM, PLLC
Consumer Rights Law Firm, PLLC is a law firm that specializes in helping clients who are facing harassment from debt collectors in any form, including telephone communication. Contact a legal professional to stop Harris & Harris debt collection harassment.
If you are interested in learning more about how to safeguard yourself and prevent even more Harris & Harris debt collection harassment, call us at (877)700-5790 for immediate assistance or visit our website at www.consumerlawfirmcenter.com.
check out a link for even more information: