Is Enhanced Recovery Company constantly calling and harassing you? Does your phone ring every day, several times per day, because Enhanced Recovery Company is calling you to demand payment? Are you being threatened with legal action for a time barred debt? Has Enhanced Recovery Company ever used abusive or profane language when speaking with you on the phone? If so, Enhanced Recovery Company may be violating your legal rights. Stop collection calls- Enhanced Recovery Company Harassment. The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, also known as the FDCPA, protects consumers’ rights in the context of debt collection. In other words, debt collectors must adhere to a certain set of rules when they are pursuing consumers who owe money. If a collector violates the FDCPA, you can sue the collector in court. The law allows consumers who have been victims of harassment from debt collectors to get the calls to stop in addition to recover statutory damages of up to $1,000, plus attorney fees and court costs.
Who is Enhanced Recovery Company?Enhanced Recovery Company, or ERC is a debt collection corporation based in Jacksonville, Florida. ERC is a third party debt collector that collects on an array of different types of debts, including: student loans, bank debt cards, utility bills, as well as many others. ERC has been sued numerous times for violating federals laws that protect debtors and consumers from harassment and illegal collection tactics.
Stop Collection Calls- Enhanced Recovery Company HarassmentIllegal collection examples
- Using profane or abusive language
- Collection agencies cannot call before 8:00am or after 9:00pm.
- Calling you multiple times per week
- Talking to others about your debt
- Calling your workplace
- Threatening to sue you, harm you, or destroy your credit
- Telling you or anyone else that you’ve committed a crime
- Calling repeatedly for the wrong person
- Failing to notify you of your right to dispute the debt
- Trying to collect more than legally allowed