Stop collection calls-Calvary Recovery Services Harassment Is Calvary Portfolio Services constantly calling and harassing you? Does your phone ring every day, several times per day, because Calvary Recovery Services is calling you to demand payment? Are you being threatened with legal action for a time barred debt? Has Calvary Recovery Services ever used abusive or profane language when speaking with you on the phone? If so, Calvary Recovery Services may be violating your legal rights. Stop collection calls- Calvary Recovery Services Harassment. The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, also known as the FDCPA, protects consumers’ rights in the context of debt collection. In other words, debt collectors must adhere to a certain set of rules when they are pursuing consumers who owe money. If a collector violates the FDCPA, you can sue the collector in court. The law allows consumers who have been victims of harassment from debt collectors to get the calls to stop in addition to recover statutory damages of up to $1,000, plus attorney fees and court costs.
Who is Calvary Portfolio Services?Calvary Portfolio Services is a debt collection corporation based in Valhalla, New York. Calvary is a debt purchaser who collects on debts that they buy for pennies on the dollar. In addition to collecting on debts Calvary owns, they also collect for national banks, healthcare industry, utility companies, and thousands of other business nationwide.
Stop Collection Calls-Calvary Portfolio Services HarassmentIllegal collection examples
- Using profane or abusive language
- Collection agencies cannot call before 8:00am or after 9:00pm.
- Calling you multiple times per week
- Talking to others about your debt
- Calling your workplace
- Threatening to sue you, harm you, or destroy your credit
- Telling you or anyone else that you’ve committed a crime
- Calling repeatedly for the wrong person
- Failing to notify you of your right to dispute the debt
- Trying to collect more than legally allowed