Berlin-Wheeler, Inc Debt Collection Harassment?
Is Berlin-Wheeler, Inc calling you excessively over your unpaid credit card debt? Do not lose your calm, there is hope even in the face of harassing debt collection calls from Berlin-Wheeler, Inc. If you’ve been enduring harassing phone calls from Berlin-Wheeler, Inc there are few things you should know.
Have you ever heard about the FDCPA? The FDCPA is a strong federal law, fully known as the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. It shields people against certain unlawful collection practices carried out by many collection agencies such as Berlin-Wheeler, Inc phone harassment, calling excessively, threatening to sue you for a debt for which the statute of limitations has expired, calling you at work, or at unfavorable hours of the day, etc. The law only applies to third-party debt collectors like during Berlin-Wheeler, Inc debt collection and can be used for only personal debts (this means that the FDCPA does not include debts acquired by a corporation or business debts acquired by an individual). The laws, however, vary from state to state.
You have a right during Berlin-Wheeler, Inc debt collection to demand that they respect your FDCPA (Fair Debt Collection Practices Act) rights and treat you with the dignity worthy of your person. If they fail to do so, you can be awarded up to $1000 for every FDCPA violation claim, and at times have your debt waved. Call us today on 844-791-1990, if you believe your FDCPA rights were violated during Berlin-Wheeler, Inc debt collection.
How to Avoid Falling For Debt Collection Scams
Falling for debt collection scams can be terrible, especially when you sincerely meant to pay off your debt. You could possibly have gotten a call from a supposed third party collection agency like the Collection Bureau of Hudson Valley. This doesn’t authenticate the caller. Whether you receive a call claiming to be from the Berlin-Wheeler, Inc or any other debt collection agency, don’t immediately give in saying “it is the Berlin-Wheeler, Inc, it can’t be a scam”. It actually can.
How then would you recognize if the call is a scam call?
- The so called collector would insist that you pay immediately, not even giving you a time frame, but would push you to pay right away.
- The collector won’t want cash payment, but would ask you to pay via mobile transfer. This is very common with scammers.
- The collector could go as far as threatening you. This is by far overriding your rights as a debtor and violates the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).
- This so called collector would ask you to provide information about yourself that should be in the custody of the Collection Bureau of Hudson Valley already.
Here are three ways to avoid falling for debt collection scams.
- Cut the call. Easy right? Yes. If this caller is really from the Berlin-Wheeler, Inc, you will receive another call. If not, the caller might know you’re not falling for the lie and let you be. But if this doesn’t work, do the next thing.
- Record the conversation and report to the authorities. If the call is indeed from the Collection Bureau of Hudson Valley, you can sue for violating the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) by harassing you. But if it is not, the caller can be brought to justice when he or she is found out.
- Ask for an authentication. Let the caller give you proof that you do owe and the debt collector is calling from the Collection Bureau of Hudson Valley. This can scare this scam debt collector away since he or she cannot further prove that they have been sent by the Collection Bureau of Hudson Valley or any other debt collection agency in the first place.
Is Berlin-Wheeler, Inc a scam?
According to the Better Business Bureau website, Berlin-Wheeler, Inc has been in business since 1951. There have been 34 customer complaints filed against them.
What is Berlin-Wheeler, Inc?
Address: 2942A SW Wanamaker Dr Ste 200
Topeka, KS 66614-4479
Phone: (785) 271-1000
Berlin-Wheeler, Inc Phone Harassment Examples
If Berlin-Wheeler, Inc engages in any of the following tactics, you may have a case:
- Using profanity or abusive language
- Calling you before 8:00 a.m. or after 9:00 p.m.
- Calling you multiple times per week
- Talking to others about your debt
- Calling your workplace
- Threatening to sue you, harm you, or destroy your credit
- Telling you or anyone else that you’ve committed a crime
- Calling repeatedly for the wrong person
- Failing to notify you of your right to dispute the debt
- Trying to collect more than legally allowed
Known Berlin-Wheeler, Inc Collection Call Numbers
Are you receiving any harassing phone calls from any of the following numbers?
(785) 271-1000, (800) 888-7243
If the answer is yes, then you are receiving calls from a known Berlin-Wheeler, Inc number. You may be a victim of Berlin-Wheeler, Inc phone harassment. The list above is not all the numbers that Berlin-Wheeler, Inc uses. The calls can be from a different number and it still be Berlin-Wheeler, Inc calling you. Contact our office right away so we can start the process to stop Berlin-Wheeler, Inc from calling you illegally. Above all, no one should live with harassment!
Is Berlin-Wheeler, Inc a scam? No, Berlin-Wheeler, Inc has been in business since 1951.
Can Berlin-Wheeler, Inc seize my property? Berlin-Wheeler, Inc can’t seize your property, but there are some exceptions. If the debt was tied to the property the collector may be able to repossess it. Or, if the collector has sued and obtain a judgment against you, the debt collector may be able to take certain property as permitted by the court.
Can Berlin-Wheeler, Inc sue me? Yes, Berlin-Wheeler, Inc can sue you so long as the debt is within the statute of limitations.
Can Berlin-Wheeler, Inc report my debt to the collections bureaus? Yes, Debt collectors are allowed to place the collection account on your credit report
Can Berlin-Wheeler, Inc arrest me? Debt collectors don’t have the authority to have you arrested for a debt. However, if you violate a court order, e.g. an order to appear in court, the judge can issue a warrant for your arrest. Depending on the laws in your state, you may be arrested for certain debts like unpaid child support or traffic tickets.
The following is a sample list of complaints filed against Berlin-Wheeler, Inc and can be found on Pacer.org.
CONSUMER RIGHTS LAW FIRM, PLLC
Consumer Rights Law Firm, PLLC is a law firm that specializes in helping clients who are facing harassment from debt collectors in any form, including telephone communication. Rather than suffer alone, contact our office to begin the process to stop the Berlin-Wheeler, Inc harassment. Our office has been assisting consumers since 2010. We have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
If you are interested in learning more about how to safeguard yourself and prevent even more harassment from Berlin-Wheeler, Inc, call us at (877)700-5790 for immediate assistance or visit our website at www.consumerlawfirmcenter.com
“What an amazing experience I had with Consumer Rights Law firm. I kept getting constant calls from a debt collector who was asking for someone I didn’t know. After explaining over and over I was not the person they were looking for, The calls still continued , it became frustrating and very annoying. I came across this firm and just called to talk to someone to see how I could get the calls to stop. I spoke to a gentleman that was very professional and very helpful. Not only did they get the calls to stop immediately , they were able to put some money in my pocket as well , Here’s the best thing, it cost me nothing for them to help me. They come highly recommended. Thank you Consumer Rights”
“I had the pleasure of dealing with Consumer Rights Law Firm PLLC on 2 different occasions the staff were very courteous and helpful and they were familiar with the Collection Agencies in question and the harassment calls stop, I was even compensated. I would recommend this company to anyone going thru this type of harassment a very satisfied customer.”
“I would highly recommend the Consumer Rights Law Firm to anybody that has been harassed! They were very professional and straightforward about my rights.”
Check out a links below for more information: