Are you receiving Harassing Phone Calls from 1-800-950-5114?
How to Stop Citibank Phone Harassment. Get the Phone Calls to Stop!
Tired of Citibank Phone Harassment? Wish there was a way to make the calls stop? Congress enacted the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, (TCPA) to stop harassing phone calls from companies like Citibank. The TCPA requires in any case that the offending companies pay damages to those they harassed.
Who Is Citibank?
Citibank, which is part of Citigroup, issues store-issued credit cards from companies such as Costco, ExxonMobil, Shell Oil, Staples, Inc., and The Home Depot. In 2016, as part of an agreement with the Federal Government’s Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Citibank agreed to consumer relief in the amount of nearly $16 million as well as forgo collecting debt held by nearly 7,000 cardholders valued at roughly $34 million dollars. This agreement was reached to resolve enforcement actions that were commenced by the CFPB, however, as part of the agreement, Citibank did not admit or deny any of the allegations in the two actions.
Types Citibank Phone Harassment
There are several ways companies like Citibank harass consumers and violate the law. The TCPA limits when and how often a company like Citibank can call. The TCPA also bans the use of automatic dialing systems. Some of the key parts that Citibank must follow when making calls are below:
- Calls only between the hours of 8 a.m. and 9 p.m.
- Companies must maintain a “Do Not Call” list and follow it. Therefore not call the consumer again.
- Marketers may not send unsolicited advertisements by auto-dialer, prerecorded voice message, or fax to anyone without prior express consent.
- Customers must be able to opt-out of future robocalls during a robocall. The call must be disconnected right away and no future calls can be made to that consumer by that organization if there is an opt-out request.
- Calling without identifying themselves or without revealing the identity of the person or company on whose behalf they are making the calls
Citibank Phone Numbers
Are you receiving any harassing phone calls from any of these numbers?
If the answer is yes, then you are receiving calls from a Citibank number. Contact a legal professional right away so they can start the process to stop the Citibank phone harassment. No one should live with the harassment.
CONSUMER RIGHTS LAW FIRM, PLLC
Consumer Rights Law Firm, PLLC is a law firm that specializes in helping clients who are facing harassment from debt collectors in any form, including telephone communication.
If you are interested in learning more about how to safeguard yourself and prevent even more Citibank Phone Harassment, call us at (877)700-5790 for immediate assistance or visit our website at www.consumerlawfirmcenter.com
check out a link for more information: