It’s a common scenario: a hard-working mother or father, brother or sister, friend or relative ends up owing on a debt due to student loans, credit card bills, and so on. It’s part of life; with over 51% of the US population in debt, these men and women are not alone.
What isn’t right is the increasingly aggressive and mean-spirited tactics debt collection agencies employ to scare someone into making a payment on their alleged debt. We aim to provide you with legal help to try and ensure that you are not victimized by their illegal actions.
When it comes to debt collection agencies, we try to protect you against:
- Repeated, continuous, and annoying calls
- Abusive and offensive language and continuous threats of legal action
- Contact to your neighbors, relatives, friends, coworkers, and employers that alert them to the fact that you are being sought after by a debt collector in connection with an alleged debt.
- False and misleading methods by a debt collector
- Calls to you at inconvenient times, such as before 8 a.m. and after 9 p.m.
- Calls to you on your work phone or cell phone while you are working after a debt collector knows or has reason to know that such calls are inconvenient or prohibited.
If any of the above has happened or is happening to you, or anything else that you feel is not right in regards to debt collector communication, please contact us today for a FREE consultation.